Each project, like each family, is different, so I recommend contacting me for a commitment-free quote if you would like to find out how much your specific project would cost.
Factors including the surnames, areas, issues and time periods involved greatly affect the cost, and therefore each project is best assessed on a individual basis. However, the following examples should give a rough indication for an average family:
- A biography tracing a married couple from birth to death, including (where available) details of their parents, siblings, school records, marriage, children, work, homes, appearances in local newspapers, military service, burials etc: £300
- Research and creation of a family tree stretching from great-grandparents down to a named individual and their children/grandchildren (six generations, 17+ individuals): £200
- Research and creation of a larger family tree, stretching from great-great-grandparents down to a named individual and their children/grandchildren (seven generations, 31+ individuals): £500
- Creation of a family tree where the research has already been completed: £100-300 (dependant on size of tree)
- All other research is charged at £25 per hour.
- Research at the National Library of Wales is charged at £25 per hour plus any additional travel expenses and camera permit/copying charges, depending on the job, all of which would be agreed before any work is undertaken.
Before commencing research I will provide an estimate of what I hope to be able to find and how many hours work will be required. Unfortunately the vagaries of records available mean results are not always forthcoming, or problems may be slower, or faster, to solve than expected. If during the course of my work such issues do arise I will contact you to discuss the situation and decide how to progress, ensuring you always have complete control over how much you spend.
Unfortunately, although I will always try my hardest to trace your relatives, sometimes the records simply do not exist, so I cannot guarantee I will always be able to make the discoveries you are hoping for.
Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer or Paypal. Payment is normally only due on completion of the research.